[Lazarus] Loading old project into Lazarus_fixes causes lock-up...

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:20:37 CET 2010

Op 2010-11-29 17:13, Bo Berglund het geskryf:

> Is it possible to use Eclipse with FPC?

I have seen a Free Pascal add-on for Eclipse (Google will find it for you),
but to date, I have never used Eclipse for any real work. I simply loaded
it up to see how it looks.

If you want something small (easy to compile and install), and very fast
with lots of features, then I recommend you look at MSEide too.

On a side note:
It might be worth (for developers using LCL in their apps), to create some
stand-alone LCL Form Designer app too (maybe lots of IDE code could be
reused). This will give you guys a lot more flexibility in what IDE or
development environment / tool chain you want to use. In example, fpGUI's
Form Designer is a stand-alone app. I frequently switch between Lazarus
IDE, MSEide, gEdit and jEdit and can continue developing as normal and do
visual form designs. Even more so, because I don't use GDB (or some IDE gui
front-end for GDB) any more for debugging either.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/