[Lazarus] Loading old project into Lazarus_fixes causes lock-up...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 23:16:24 CET 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 00:01:59 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>Retrieved the trunk version into folder lazarus_trunk (I renamed after
>SVN was done, is it possible to redirect the SVN checkout into a
>folder of your own choosing?).
>
>Then "make clean all" and fixed a shortcut to start lazarus with the
>necessary config redirection.
>
>This time I could load the old project and it compiled fine, but there
>were a lot more messages and warnings than in the version I had
>before. Some are from compiling synaser.pas and saome from my own
>code. The ones from my code actually point to things I need to fix....

I talked too soon!
The new Lazarus was indeed compiled with FPC 2.4.2, but since I copied
the old config dir it still uses the FPC 2.2.4 of the old Lazarus...

Now that I discovered this I changed it in the IDE Environment/Options
dialogue but I can no longer quick compile my project.
Right now it stops on a piece of code I have not written myself:

SdpoSerial\sdposerial.pas(37,7) Fatal: Can't find unit LResources used
by SdpoSerial

Notice: I *have* opened the sdposeriallaz package in this instance of
Lazarus and then closed it again. According to earlier discussions
this would tell Lazarus where it is located.
And since this package is not mine I have no clue as to what
LResources means...

Bo Berglund