[Lazarus] Loading old project into Lazarus_fixes causes lock-up...

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Tue Nov 30 09:14:19 CET 2010

30.11.2010 13:38, Bo Berglund wrote:
> If so, why did it work when I used FPC 2.2.4 but not with 2.4.2? Any
> dependency should not change just because I change compiler version,
> right?

I thought you've changed lazarus version too?

> Notice that this is just a standard package that I downloaded in order
> to handle the serial port communications I am working with. I have no
> idea about the inner workings of this package and it worked just fine
> with the old Lazarus/FPC. I have not changed any of its files.

Where did you get this package? It is not in lazarus components
directory - so I'm not aware of how it is maintained.

> And then:
> How can I "set LCL as required package"? I am just a new user of
> Lazarus and this is my first project...
> How can I find "LCL"?

Open that package in IDE. You will see something like this:
http://imagebin.org/125412

I pressed to "Add" button and choosed a tab with name "New Requirement".
Find LCL in the dropdown list and press "Ok" button.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin