[Lazarus] Build scripts for Freepascal and Lazarus compilation from source

Justin Smyth delphian at smythconsulting.net
Mon Oct 4 23:30:02 CEST 2010

sent from my Telstra NEXTG™ handset

-----Original Message-----
From: Juha Manninen (gmail) <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 5 October 2010 8:02 AM
To: Lazarus mailing list <lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org>
Subject: Re: [Lazarus] Build scripts for Freepascal and Lazarus compilation	from source

On Monday 04 October 2010 15:26:47 Marcos Douglas wrote:
> You talk about installer to FPC and Lazarus from SVN?
> The installer to Windows works very well (but I do not use it)...
>
> Or you talk about the "universal installer" multiplataform? But it
> will use the sources from SVN?

It would be a multiplatform universal installer, yes.
FPC can't be installed only from source, there must be the initial binary
version installed first.
After that both FPC and Lazarus could be installed from source.

The windows installation package works well but only for the released version
which is soon a year old.
I different release policy in the future would improve that situation of
course.

Juha