[Lazarus] Converting Pascal Client/Server application into Web Client?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Oct 1 14:25:10 CEST 2010

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

> On 2010-10-01 11:04:06 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Joshua Lim wrote:
>>
>> ExtJS and Ext.Direct are a breeze. The Store for ExtJS data controls is
>> controlled by a FPC WebDataProvider - essentially a no-code solution. All
>> server side coding can be done in RAD.
>>

> Michael, where is WebDataProvider, it's a Lazarus component? I can't find
> in Lazarus component palette.

The components are in fcl-web/src/webdata, in trunk.

In lazarus you must install the lazwebextra package. ("extra", because it
needs FPC 2.5.1, and as such should not interfere with the fixes branch)

> Is there a wiki or manual page about it?

Unfortunately not yet; but the fcl-web directory contains some demo programs.

I should make a diagram that explains how it works. Alas, too little time
and too much ideas :/

Michael.