[Lazarus] SVN checkout of Lazarus using TortoiseSVN?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 17:26:00 CEST 2010

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:17:20 +0200, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>  On 10/01/2010 03:54 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I am now sitting behind a corporate firewall and when I use TSVN to
>> check out the sources it lists some activity at a ridiculously low
>> speed and then nothing seems to happen...
>For normal clients svn uses dedicated IP ports and it's own protocol.
>But for clients behind a firewall it also can do http on port 80. this
>is slower and has some restriction but it usually works fine for
>downloading. AFAIR you just need to prefix the server name with "http:"
>to do http communication.

This is what I entered into TSVN:
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk

But it does not work..
Our company uses a McAffe firewall and not much passes through. I have
had to struggle for many years until finally the IT department gave in
and opened the NNTP port so I can participate in News discussions like
this (via the GMANE mailist-news gateway).

On initial checkout start it seems like there is a connection to the
svn server because I get an error message if the URL does not point to
a valid svn server. But only about 12 kb is ever transmitted and thre
is just an .svn folder created with some files and then nothing
happens....

At home on the other hand there are no problems at all.

So I though that there is maybe another port I have to start nagging
the IT dept about and then maybe in 2015 it will be possible to use
svn from work. Only then maybe everyone have switched over to GIT
instead????

Bo Berglund