[Lazarus] Serial communication??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 17:28:46 CEST 2010

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:10:52 +0100, Paulo Costa <paco at fe.up.pt> wrote:

>> En/na Bo Berglund ha escrit:
>>
>>> So far most of what has been shown builds on Synaser or similar, which
>>> are blocking systems....
>>
>> Yes, so you put it in a TThread and, when the data is ready, use
>> synchronize to signal the main thread.
>

>That is how it is done on the 5dpo component.
>I has been working very nicely for us.

When you say "component" do you mean a component in the Delphi way
where you drop a component on to a form etc?

I don't like that way because I want to have better control and I also
want to use the functions in form-less application (console) so I
usually try to use classes that implement stuff by instantiating
objects when needed for this purpose.
Is that possible with 5dpo?

Bo Berglund