[Lazarus] Serial communication??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 20:53:20 CEST 2010

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:10:52 +0100, Paulo Costa wrote:

>> En/na Bo Berglund ha escrit:
>>
>>> So far most of what has been shown builds on Synaser or similar, which
>>> are blocking systems....
>>
>> Yes, so you put it in a TThread and, when the data is ready, use
>> synchronize to signal the main thread.
>

> That is how it is done on the 5dpo component. I has been working very
> nicely for us.
>
> Paulo Costa

Good to know, I will try to use it.
I downloaded the sources and extracted the files and read the INSTALL
file. Now I have a problem because this is what it says:

"move the Sdpo/ directory to the components/ directory of your Lazarus
installation"

The problem is that I have no clue as to *where* Lazarus is installed. I
used the Synaptic Package Manager and let it find and install Lazarus for
me (on Ubuntu 10.04-2). I was not asked where it should go, it just
installed....
And being a Linux newbie (I installed this Ubuntu machine last Sunday) I
don't know where programs go in the confusing file system.
Probably a silly and stupid question, but how can I find the install
directory of any program in Linux?

--
Bo B