[Lazarus] SVN checkout of Lazarus using TortoiseSVN?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 01:11:10 CEST 2010

Hi Bo,

> Some people have more luck using the svn2 mirror:
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk

A few years back, my ISP's transparent proxy caused me much headache
with SubVersion repositories. After numerous emails, they finally gave
me a different proxy address I could try, which solved the problem.

Alternatively, you can also get hold of Lazarus via the Git mirror
repository -using the 'git' or 'http' protocol

  git clone http://github.com/graemeg/lazarus.git

or

  git clone git://github.com/graemeg/lazarus.git

The latter being considerably faster that http protocol. But you will
have to test through your firewall to see what works.

If you are not interested in the full Lazarus history, you can limit
it to only pull say the last 10 commits, and then build the history
from there onwards.

eg:
   git clone --depth 10 git://github.com/graemeg/lazarus.git

  - Graeme -