[Lazarus] GLScene and Lazarus...

Kjow antispammoni at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:36:28 CEST 2010

2010/10/3 BosseB <bo.berglund at gmail.com>

> We have a Windows application, which uses GLScene to process and
> render data from our data acquisition system.
>
> Now we are embarking on putting an embedded linux front end system
> directly on our equipment (hence my numerous other posts here
> recently).
>
> So I would like to know if there are some developers who have
> succeeded in using GLScene with Lazarus in an embedded (ARM) Linux
> system?
>
> The test system we have in mind runs a Debian Linux and has graphics
> capabilities. I got the tip here not so long ago:
> (http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/board-detail.php?product=TS-TPC-7390#)
>
> One killer might be that the processing program needs a lot of memory
> and this might be what will stop that particular process from running
> on the embedded hardware. But I am still interested to hear if GLScene
> works on Lazarus also on non-windows systems.

I don't know which is the state of GLScene4Lazarus (the page on the
lazarus wiki), but the main/official development of GLScene restarted
from some month ago to develop GLScene with Lazarus/multiplatform in
mind and now there are daily updates.
So, in the sourceforge page of GLScene you can grab the 1.1 release
that compiles and works very well with lazarus. However I reccomend
you to download and use the latest svn trunk that you can grab with
svn, here:

svn co https://glscene.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/glscene/trunk GLScene

Here, the official forum with full support of the
community/developers; impressive!

http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/glscene/

Regards,
Kjow