[Lazarus] Build scripts for Freepascal and Lazarus compilation from source

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 12:43:06 CEST 2010

On 4 October 2010 11:18, Kjow <antispammoni at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/10/4 Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com>:
> > If you can make it fully configurable, so that  c:\develop can be
> > c:\%installdir%, specify which revision so that the download command will
> be
> > "svn -r %revision% http://svn.freepascal.org/fpc/trunk fpc_%revision%"
> etc,
> > it will be a lot more useful.
>
> I will make fully configurable when I "translate" it to a real
> program, this batch is born to do what I need and batch scripting is
> not very powerfull to do this things (for me) :)
>
> So, for the moment I don't think to improve it a lot more (maybe I'll
> include some suggestions), but for me the "killer feature" will be the
> real program. :)

Batch or bash programs are real programs. I'd say use a batch file or some
other script, and create a GUI interface to it. This GUI business is rather
over done. You could try Pascal Script, thus have your Pascal cat and eat as
well

With my bash script all you simply specify the variables at the top and run
it. Building a different revision is a simple matter of changing
$FPC_REVISION or $LAZARUS_REVISION and Bob's your uncle. None of the
existing stuff gets touched. The only shortcoming as I see it now is I have
omitted to restore the $SYSTEM_FPC_COMPILER's original fpc.cfg to the home
directory as .fpc.cfg, when I rebuild the compiler with its self.

.

> Regards,
> Kjow
>
> --