[Lazarus] Build scripts for Freepascal and Lazarus compilation from source

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Oct 5 16:03:25 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 12:22:20AM +0100, Frank Church wrote:

> This may be because since creating the article I have made changes
> directly online to the web page to make it easier to understand, rather
> than running the new changes and copying it back to the article.

No, it is because you execute "make" and not "gmake" (make is BSD make on
Unix).  See e.g. the install scripts how to handle this. (check uname to
create a testable something for BSD)

The other typical linuxism is assume /bin/sh is bash, but I don't
know for sure if there are bashisms in this script.

The solution is to always execute the shell as

#!/usr/bin/env bash

both aspects are afaik mentioned (and demonstrated) in the buildfaq