[Lazarus] StringGrid header row is always blank at runtime?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 08:58:13 CEST 2010

Hi Jesus,

That's for taking the time to look at tiOPF too, and for the patch.

2010/10/5 Jesus Reyes :

> There have been many changes in grid, and still need to be checked if there are regressions, this could be the case here because it seems when grid is cleared it doesn't 'remember' the number of fixed rows there was previous to being cleared.

OK, I'll file a bug report for that.

Clearing the columns also looses the rowcount. Is this a bug too?

> Easy to fix in tiOPF and if we find this is a regression in grids code, tiOPF2 should not need posterior amendment. Take a look at the attached patch. BTW, included also is a way to make the last column resizeable at run time using grids features instead of doing calcs with grids internals.

I tried your suggested patch, but that isn't the behaviour I was
looking for. But thanks for that, I found another bug in the
StringGrid mediator. The last column should only fill the remainder of
the grid if the grid content is smaller than the grid width. So if the
content is large, a scrollbar must appear. The "auto sizing of last
column" feature you mentioned (and the bug I spotted) resized the
column, ignoring the developers preferred size and makes sure no
scrollbar appears. This was wrong - developers preferred column size
takes preference.

Another new bahavour in the grid which wasn't there before (so not
sure if it is a bug too). When you scroll horizontally in the
stringgrid. Just before you reach the end of the last column, the grid
jumps to the left, leaving a large gap after the last column. This
doesn't look right, so i think this is a bug too?

  - Graeme -