[Lazarus] Error: Can't call the resource compiler "/usr/bin/fpcres", switching to external mode

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:17:47 CEST 2010

On 6 October 2010 22:23, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 23:43:35 +0100
> Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 5 October 2010 03:58, Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to rebuild the IDE after installing new packages and I get
> this
> > > error message repeatedly.
> > >

> /home/rchurch/.programs/lazarus/0.9.29/lazarus_0929_27548/share/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(127,1)
> > >
> > > Error: Can't call the resource compiler "/usr/bin/fpcres", switching to
> > > external mode
> > >
> > > When I got this error before I raised the ulimit, but it doesn't appear
> > > work now.
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > I was able to fix it after rebooting, and raising the ulimit. I'm not
> sure
> > whether both or only one of them fixed it.
>
> What did you raise with ulimit?
>
> Is this with fpc 2.4.0 or 2.5.1?
> Have you tried fpc 2.5.1?

I was working with 2.5.1 on Ubuntu 8.04, but I am not sure whether the
reboot alone or the ulimit increase fixed it. The docs mentioned something
about running Linux from a terminal, so after rebooting, I opened a
terminal, raised the ulimit started Lazarus from there, rather than from the
Gnome menu.

> Mattias
>
> --

Frank Church