[Lazarus] Building and running Lazarus natively on various architectures

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 14:29:45 CEST 2010

Henry Vermaak wrote:
> On 08/10/10 12:34, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think that this should be placed in fpc-pascal or fpc-devel mailling
>> lists. It's a problem with the compiler, not Lazarus.
>
> I disagree.  While the problem is possibly with the compiler, he is
> reporting on his efforts to build lazarus.  If someone has succeeded
> before, they are likely to be subscribed to this list, and people will
> search this list to see if it's possible, to get make options, etc.
>
> It wouldn't hurt to copy fpc-pascal and fpc-devel.  It also wouldn't
> hurt if you could actually quote a relevant message so that we can see
> who you are replying to without looking at the headers of the message.

I agree that it's a marginal case, but I did raise it in fpc-devel (4th
October) which is where Jonas suggested a possible fix based on
something he'd recently done.

I'm going to rebuild FPC 2.4.0 with Jonas's fix and -O-, build 0.9.28.3
to see whether I still get an intermittent failure during compilation,
note whether I still get a predictable failure on quitting Lazarus, and
then move back onto 0.9.29.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk