[Lazarus] Delphi-Lazarus compatible code including serial port?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 14:37:46 CEST 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:33:23 +0200, Luca Olivetti <luca at wetron.es>
wrote:

>Al 10/10/10 11:46, En/na Bo Berglund ha escrit:
>

>> But how would this be done more specifically? Is there some
>> description available on making code compatible between Delphi and
>> Lazarus when there are component differences in the two systems as I
>> described above?
>
>Drop Delphi and simply use Lazarus both for windows and Linux?

Well,
that is not really possible...
In other parts of the software we build there is a lot of Delphi and
Windows specific stuff, like components only available for Delphi,
access to databases via ADO and what have you...

The task before me is to use some preexisting classes from our Delphi
system in a Lazarus project that can be ported over to Linux.
We intend to include a Linux based touch panel front-end to the
instrument and when programming that I have zoomed in on Lazarus in
order to re-use existing Delphi code.
So I will use conditionals to make the class unit compatible to
Lazarus and Delphi.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden