[Lazarus] Block unindent does not work in Lazarus like in Delphi7....

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Oct 11 13:45:33 CEST 2010

  On 11/10/2010 12:27, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:29:59 +0300, "Juha Manninen (gmail)"
> <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Monday 11 October 2010 00:50:20 Bo Berglund wrote:
>>> I am new here and I don't know how to add a feature request. Will
>>> search for it on the web...
>> Bugtracker. The same place where bug reports go.
>>
> Found it, I thought I had the wrong place because it showed the
> Free-Pascal bug tracker but then I saw that one could change the
> tracker via a small dropdown selector...
>
> Anyway report added: http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17603
Thanks.

A few hints for you, where to find some of the other features, you seem
to be missing:

> 1) Select a block which has ragged left limit (some lines in different
> positions)
> 2) Use Ctrl-Shift-u repeatedly until the block is at the left edge and
> all lines now start in column 1.
> 3) Use Ctrl-Shift-i repeatedly to move the block to the wanted position.
>
> This does not work in Lazarus.
>
> Only by activating the Tab to move blocks in editor configuration is
> it possible to move blocks of text, but only to the right of the
> original position.
Go to menu -> enviroment -> options -> Tree: Editor / Key Mapping
In the edit box on top enter "indent" => you should see 2 entries (from
the "Text selection commands" (hint: they act on selection, thats why
they are in this group)
"indent block": ctrl-i (without shift, but you can change it) / ctrl-k,i
"unindent": crtl-u / ctrl-k,U

> Using Shift-TAB does nothing, except if it is entered immediately
> after TAB, when it backs off the indentation just done by TAB.
> Notice that it seems totally impossible to move any block *left* of
> the original position, which totally breaks the procedure outlined above.
>
> It has been suggested that it is caused by not using TAB as
> indentation, but this is very hard to prove since Lazarus does not
> show any whitespace difference...

same option dialog, Tree: Editor / General / Misc: "Show special
characters"
Tabs and spaces are shown.

Also on Editor/General : "Cursor skips tabs" (in cursor section) contols
if the cursor can be in the middle of a tab.

More help (maybe slightly outdated) via F1 on
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Editor_Options