[Lazarus] Is OLE supported under WinCE platform?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 10:22:28 CEST 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:26:00 +0200, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On the last line FPC complains: "Identifier not found "fsSurface""
>
>In Lazarus. Open the menu Search -> Find in Files
>
>Select "search in directories", put fsSurface and set the path to
>something equivalente in your system to
>/Users/felipe/Programas/lazarus/lcl
>
>Now search.
>
>In 5 seconds I found in the constant in the unit GraphType
>
>Right-clicking in a function or type and selecting "Find declaration"
>also allows you to find place were types are declared.

I had never used the Delphi search facility across files in all these
years so it did not occur to me. I always used grep to find stuff in
files and I did not know where lazarus stores the standard files.

Anyway thanks to your info I have now passed the compileation of my
new wrapper for TSerial in the old Delphi app (it is just a skeleton
yet, but the framework is in place).

Now compilation wanders forward from unit to unit where I need to add
the conditional:

{$IFDEF FPC}
{$MODE Delphi}
{$ENDIF}

to get it working. :-)

I have done this on about 10 used units now and it seems to always
work when there are error messages like typecasting string to PChar
and it complains about shortstring being incompatible to PChar...

But now I have reached the problem with our own components, so I have
to read up on how one can register components on the Lazarus palette
(at least for the visible GUI components)...

Bo Berglund