[Lazarus] TListView compatibility Delphi <=> Lazarus?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 08:54:59 CEST 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:56:35 +0200, Vincent Snijders
<vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:

>2010/10/12 Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com>:
>> I also noted via Google that there was some discussion on
>> implementation incompleteness of TListView back in Jan 2008, so surely
>> this should have been fixed by now?
>
>Not surely, some feature request, even if reported in the bug tracker,
>remain open for years, until somebody provides a patch.
>
>So a mere discussion in Jan 2008, not even two years ago and only 10
>months before the release you are using, is surely no reason why it
>should have been fixed by now.

Interesting, why is the release I am using so old when it is the
latest available on the download page at SF (for Windows)?
But the SF page lists the version as dated 2009-10-26, not 2008-10-xx
as you suggest. Still about a year old.

I asked about the installation files for Windows in a previous thread
but the responses were directed towards building myself and it looks
like a very hard undertaking, especially on Windows. The pages
referenced discuss how to get sources, setting up compiler options and
what have you to build a version of fpc/laz, not exactly what a newbie
needs concerning the development IDE. :-(

Too bad....

Bo Berglund