[Lazarus] Converting Fortran to FPC?

Thierry Coq tcoq at free.fr
Tue Oct 12 14:57:01 CEST 2010

On 06/10/2010 23:34, Bo Berglund wrote:
> So my question now is if there is any experience of either porting
> Fortran code to FPC or of compiling Fortran code for a Windows DLL
> into the corresponding function in Linux?
> (By te way, is there such a thing as a DLL in Linux?)

Have you looked here?

http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/MathInfo/Resources.htm

I had used Hans Lohninger's matrix quite effectively on a previous program.
You might find other pascal resources that will allow you not to recode
the LAPACK routines.
Be careful about your numerical precision requirements.

FYI, Fortran 77 is rather easy to port. The language is structured, and
the data is easily converted, if you bear in mind that most data is
stored and exchanged in common blocks. Only some data is passed through
subroutines arguments. There would be very limited dynamic data if any.
You might have a learning curve for the string (FORMAT) functions, but
that should not be a problem here.

Hope this helps,
Thierry