[Lazarus] TListView compatibility Delphi <=> Lazarus?

Benito van der Zander benito at benibela.de
Tue Oct 12 17:49:22 CEST 2010

Hi,
> I have tried to port our Delphi7 descendant of TListView to Lazarus
> but it seems like the Lazarus implementation lacks a number of
> properties that are present in Delphi.
> Just as an example: There is no Gridlines property available.
>
> Is there a more complete implementation available anywhere?
I tried to use the TListView in Lazarus in 2008/9 and after writing a
lot of LCL patches
it finally worked -- until I tried it on another operating system where
it completely failed...
So I threw everything away and wrote my own list view that is
independent of the LCL
and the OS, and you should do the same, at least/especially if you want
platform
independence (or use my
http://benibela.de/components_en.html#treelistview, or the
virtual tree list view).