[Lazarus] TListView compatibility Delphi <=> Lazarus?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:17:49 CEST 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:12:15 +0200, Reimar Grabowski <reimgrab at web.de>
wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:54:59 +0200
>Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I asked about the installation files for Windows in a previous thread
>> but the responses were directed towards building myself and it looks
>> like a very hard undertaking, especially on Windows. The pages
>> referenced discuss how to get sources, setting up compiler options and
>> what have you to build a version of fpc/laz, not exactly what a newbie
>> needs concerning the development IDE. :-(
>
>Installation and compilation from sources is very easy on Linux (I gave
>instructions in another thread). You don't have to do it but the svn
>version is always the 'latest and greatest(tm)' (minus the occasional
>bugs crawling in but you have svn so no problem with that).
>I don't know about Win but it can't be that hard (perhaps for Joe User
>but you are a developer after all). I assume you talk about this page:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus.
>Please provide detailed feedback where you had problems and what is not
>explained good enough so that the documentation can be improved.

I read it and there is no need for any special things on Ubuntu since
as far as I can see I get the latest by sudo apt-get install lazarus.

My problem is *Windows* and here the page clearly states:
"Specific for platform
Get Lazarus for Windows - use the Sourceforge link above."

And that is where the year old version resides....
That's as detailed I can get concerning that page.

Then there is also:
http://devblog.brahmancreations.com/content/build-scripts-for-installing-freepascal-and-lazarus-from-source
which seems totally devoted to Linux...

Based on that a contributor posted this here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lazarus@lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/msg13071.html
but even though it is a batch script for Windows it is hard to follow
and it looks like one has to know beforehand which version is to be
handled (by number rather than saying TRUNK).

Even though I am a developer snce many years I have never before run
into compiling my actual dev tools like the compiler and IDE...

Bo Berglund