[Lazarus] tooltip debugger shows incorrect data

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:10:22 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-13 15:33, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:

>> Ah, this might be the solution then. Thanks for that.
>
> You're welcome. Note that this uses
> - dbugintf unit from FCL
> - debugserver tool (lazarus/tools/debugserver)

I did a few quick tests using various data types and even property values
of a class instance - it indeed seems like the most reliable way to debug
using FPC. :)

** Friendly tip to Lazarus core developers **
Maybe change the Watches debug window to rather load up the debugserver
instead - it seems a lot more useful and most importantly, reliable.  Maybe
you guys should even add a code tools template and hook it up to the
keyboard shortcut used for "add watch at cursor" to rather inject a new
source line SendDebugFmt() instead. I've already done the latter part via
code templates, as show below - please consider adding these as default
code templates.

-------------[ lazarus.dci ]-------------------
[sdf | SendDebugFmt]
$(AttributesStart)
EnableMakros=true
AutoOnSpace=true
RemoveChar=true
$(AttributesEnd)
SendDebugFmt('$Paste() = %|', [$Paste()]);
[sd | SendDebug]
$(AttributesStart)
EnableMakros=true
AutoOnSpace=true