[Lazarus] TListView compatibility Delphi <=> Lazarus?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:22:48 CEST 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:38:54 +0200, Reimar Grabowski <reimgrab at web.de>
wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:17:49 +0200
>Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Even though I am a developer snce many years I have never before run
>> into compiling my actual dev tools like the compiler and IDE...
>Sorry for failing to understand but what is the difference between compiling dev tools and any other piece of software?
>Please explain.

Very simple:
You write your own code and you know exactly what it does and where it
is located and whet tool you use to compile it (usually you click a
compile button in the IDE).

With example programs you download from the web you normally get a
folder full of files that also has among them a project file which you
open in the IDE and again you compile with the compile button.

But the pages I have visited decribing how the compilation of Lazarus
is done has masses of commands of various kinds including discussions
on what compiler options are best to use etc etc etc.

A very long shot from loading up your project in the IDE and hitting
the compile button.

Or is it possible to load the FPC compiler project into Lazarus and
build it from there???

I do not know how to design and build a car but I can drive one and
likewise I don't know how to design and build an airplane but I can
fly one (yes I have a license).

This is basically the same concerning compilers and the development
IDE, those are tools to get your own software working....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden