[Lazarus] Code conversion

Juha Manninen (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 17:48:04 CEST 2010

On Friday 15 October 2010 23:09:07 Sven Ruin wrote:
> Although I'm a Lazarus beginner, I hope the following can be of use for
> others who want to convert code and for the improvement of the converter in
> Lazarus.

Sven, I am sorry to tell you but you have wasted your time by converting
manually. Delphi converter in the Lazarus trunk version has improved vastly.
It does everything you did manually and much more. Besides, .lrs resource files
are not needed any more. New versions of FPC and Lazarus can use Delphi style
resources.

More information here:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Delphi_Converter_in_Lazarus
and here:
  http://lazarus-dev.blogspot.com/

I updated the original wiki conversion page with a link to the new page.

Now Lazarus developers, a new release policy is needed.
A released version is some kind of recommendation for users, like:
 "Use this if you want solid and stable operation".
Now it doesn't work. Many (most?) developers must use the development version
because it is so much better the the released version.
I will write another mail about it.

Regards,
Juha