[Lazarus] MySQL5.1 and Sum(DataLength(FIELD))

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Oct 17 12:24:41 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 21:46 -0500, Andrew Brunner wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:

> >> SELECT SUM(LENGTH(ITMDAT)) as TesT FROM scms_ufls WHERE ITMUID=2 AND ITMKND=1
> >>
> >> the FieldDef come back with FieldDefs count =1
> >> The name looks good.
> >
> > Fielddef <> Fields. So what is the field-count?
>
> Field count always ZERO.

Then it probably doesn't recognize the field-type. But it should give an
exception while opening the dataset in that case. Now I know that there
are a lot of people who send in bug-reports that no exception should be
given but that the fields should be ignored... But afaik this never
changed. (It would be wrong, if it did)

So you are really sure you don't get an exception when you try to open
the dataset? (Btw: you DID open the dataset, didn't you?)

> Thanks.  So other than using the laz TMySQL51 Connection and setting
> Transaction and Query to stock components I don't know what else to
> offer.  Ask more questions :-)

What happens when you do a simple 'select ITMDAT as TesT from ...' ?

Joost