[Lazarus] TThread.WaitFor blocks the main event loop under Linux

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Oct 18 09:25:07 CEST 2010

  On 10/12/2010 10:54 PM, Adem wrote:

> Good.
>
>>   - current projects and "Delphi"-code will not benefit (but it of
>> course will not need any modification)
> That's good enough for me.
> My hope/guess is...

I was dreaming the Open Source Dream that everybody could use the best
available code for a given purpose .

But I found that not only the open source Object language "Event Queue"
code is forked in at least 7 different versions (Lazarus/Windows,
Lazarus/KDE2, Lazarus/KDE3, Lazarus/Gnome, Lazarus/Mac, Lazarus/fpGUI,
MSE), but also Martin Has forked the FPC RTL so that he can't easily
move his (IMHO the best available, as most versatile) code into the
official RTL, even with help of the FPC "powers" and my tiny assistance.

So this is the Open Source Nightmare of uncontrollable diversification.

Maybe I'd rather stick with what Microsoft might offer.

-Michael