[Lazarus] TThread.WaitFor blocks the main event loop under Linux

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Oct 18 15:36:07 CEST 2010

  On 10/18/2010 03:04 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Where is this implementation of yours? How can I see what you have done?

It's a really lame thing. I just took the appropriate code from MSE
Event Queue and Timer and made in run in a Lazarus no-gui project. The
only interesting task was to find which code lines were necessary and
which were not, as I wanted to use as little "foreign" code as possible.

In a second project I tried to strip down the KDE2 widget set to drop
the GUI binding and make it usable for a no-GUI project. I got into that
for quite an extent but in the end I failed understanding some of the
deepest details of the setup procedure of the "interface"es interface to
the GUI.

I am not fixed on using the MSE code, I just were more successful
understanding it then with the Lazarus code.

Of course I would be just as happy with the extracts of the Lazarus code
moved into the RTL as with extracts of the MSE code.

-Michael