[Lazarus] Using dbugintf

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 09:18:46 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-19 19:10, Leonardo M. Ramé het geskryf:
> Does anyone knows how to use dbugintf?, I mean, where's the program that
> get the messages generated from SendDebug?.

WARNING:
Just be warned that the dbugintf under Windows is dodgy/broken... if you
generate too many debug lines (eg 500ms or less between calls), Windows
starts loosing those debug messages and you don't see there output. All
works fine under Linux though.

The safest debugging I have found to date, is the cached log classes in
tiOPF. You don't need a tiOPF based project to use those classes. Simply
register the log class (GUI, Console, File, System Events, System Logs or
all of the above), then include 'tiLog' in the uses clause and start
calling Log() or LogValue() or LogXXX().

I have done extensive testing with the tiOPF log classes, and they are
defiantly reliable (unlike GDB integration in Lazarus IDE, or dbugintf
under Windows). I use the tiOPF's Log To GUI mostly now - since I fixed the
TThread.WaitFor work-around. tiOPF works fine with LCL too by the way.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/