[Lazarus] clipboard bug in IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 14:36:38 CEST 2010

I have also concluded that the editor settings "smart tabs" should be
renamed to "idiot/stupid tabs" instead, because that is exactly what it does!

| symbol denotes cursor pos, and "stupid tabs" enabled, and "auto indent"
disabled and tab indentation set to 2, tabs set to "spaces".

eg:
  if Accept then
  begin|           // <--- cursor pos
    ADropAction := daCopy;
    if AMimeChoice <> s then
      AMimeChoice := s;
    ShowMimeList(AMimeList);
  end;

.... I press ENTER...

  if Accept then
  begin
|           // <--- cursor pos
    ADropAction := daCopy;
    if AMimeChoice <> s then
      AMimeChoice := s;
    ShowMimeList(AMimeList);
  end;

.... I then press tab once...

  if Accept then
  begin
  |           // <--- cursor pos
    ADropAction := daCopy;
    if AMimeChoice <> s then
      AMimeChoice := s;
    ShowMimeList(AMimeList);
  end;

.... and then press tab once more...

  if Accept then
  begin
      |           // <--- cursor pos (jumped 4 spaces now!)
    ADropAction := daCopy;
    if AMimeChoice <> s then
      AMimeChoice := s;
    ShowMimeList(AMimeList);
  end;

WTF?!  And that's with "smart tabs" enabled! Hence the reason it should be
renamed to "stupid tabs" instead. It better describes what it does.

PS:
There are many more such examples.

Regards,
  - Graeme -