[Lazarus] Verdict of Lazarus 0.9.29

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:08:12 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-20 14:51, Andrew Brunner het geskryf:
> Ubuntu often.  One suggestion may be to delete your Lazarus profile
> information in your home directory.  This will reset everything to the
> latest and greatest as defaults and ensure that any settings you
> change will actually be respected...

This is where the whole problem started. I've been using my existing
profile for probably 4 years now - it works perfectly. With Vincent's
snapshot release, I thought I would try a clean-room test. Everything set
to defaults, using a brand new profile (hence my reference to using the
--pcp= parameter, so I don't loose my old profile, or let it interfere with
the default settings.). So the issues are caused by the stupid default
settings. The IDE trying to be too clever, but fails misserably. This
results in the developer having to waist lots of time trying to disable
these annoying "features".

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/