[Lazarus] reissue of style [Re: Verdict of Lazarus 0.9.29]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Oct 21 15:15:41 CEST 2010

On 21/10/2010 13:58, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 07:59:48AM -0500, Andrew Brunner wrote:
>>> ?if Accept then
>>> ?begin
>>> |
>>> 1 2 ? ?3 ? ?4 ? 5
>> Actually, I rarely break my If statements across more than one line
>> save to accommodate large logic statements for code readability.
>>
>> if (condition1=condition2) or (conditionx=conditiony) then begin
>>    // code here
>> end else begin
>>    // more code here
>> end;

.... many people about coding style of "if begin" in 1 or 2 lines ....

It is amazing:
A email explaining how a certain tab-mode works, and which uses some
example code that happen to contain a "if .. begin"

And you get a complete re-issue of the coding style discussion...
Not only unrelated to the original post, but even better: Everyone still
quotes the "1 2 ? ?3 ? ?4 ? 5" indicating the locations of the tabs .... :)

Next time i explain tabs I do it like this

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit,
sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt
ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
1  2      3  4      5     6      7      8           9    10

And hopefully someone is going to tell me about how to layout that in print.

SCNR ;>