[Lazarus] Verdict of Lazarus 0.9.29

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Oct 21 19:34:44 CEST 2010

On 20/10/2010 14:12, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2010-10-20 14:52, Martin het geskryf:
>> I updated the help:
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Editor_Options#Smart_tabs
>> Hope it is more understandable now.
>>
>>     if Accept then
>>     begin
>> |
>> 1 2    3    4   5
> PS:
> I have never seen code indented the way that "smart tab" algorithm works,
> so what's the point of it then.
Well I didn't invent it, so I don't know it's original intend.

But tabs (or rather the tab key, producing a sequence of spaces) are not
only used for indent (as in indent at the start of line)

You could use this to align comments at the end of line (in most case
you probably have to press more than once, but less often than space...
Especially if the editor doesn't have flexible tabs...