[Lazarus] Dual installation of FPC

patspiper patspiper at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 21:27:00 CEST 2010

On 10/22/2010 09:39 PM, Thierry B. wrote:
> The best is to put all you fpcs under a root directory. Then in you
> ~/.fpc.cfg, just use $FPCVERSION so that it matches all versions. For
> example :
>
>    # searchpath for units and other system dependent things
>
> -Fu/home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/fpc/$FPCVERSION/lib/fpc/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET
>
> -Fu/home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/fpc/$FPCVERSION/lib/fpc/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/*
>
> -Fu/home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/fpc/$FPCVERSION/lib/fpc/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/rtl
>

> Thierry B.

That would require using FPC/Lazarus with root privileges...not recommended

I solved the fpc.cfg issue anyway by having the 2.4.0 config file in
/etc, and 2.5.1's config file in ~/.fpc.cfg

However, another idea just came to my mind: Can #IFDEF within fpc.cfg be
used to test the value of $FPCVERSION? This would allow conditional paths.