[Lazarus] Need testers (gtk2)

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun Oct 24 17:53:11 CEST 2010

On Sunday 24 October 2010 15:32, Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2010 15:24:04 zeljko wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've commited an important patch today (r 27829) , about gtk2 main loop
> > iterations.
> > Now it uses g_main_context instead of g_main which is deprecated from
> > gtk2-2.2.
> > This patch improves main loop, but also now PostMessage() works fine for
> > messages from another threads.
> >
> > *** Gtk2 Laz/LCL must be build with -dUSE_GTK_MAIN_CONTEXT_ITERATION ***
> > to get this new code work.
>
> In my short tests it works well. I didn't notice difference for older
> versions. I will try PostMessage later.

This update is mostly commited because of PostMessage() :), but also affects
unthreaded apps, because our message queue does not rely on critical
sections, but parallel g_main_context, which is more effective in multi
threaded environment.

>  $ gdb framedem --sync
> which says:
>  gdb: unrecognized option '--sync'
>  Use `gdb --help' for a complete list of options.
>
> I can give the parameter in Lazarus "Run Parameters..." but then the whole
> Lazarus freezes. It doesn't take mouse clicks and must be killed.

Isn't standard X11 param with one - eg. ./myprogram -sync ?

zeljko