[Lazarus] Release schedule and policy

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Oct 25 10:52:08 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 10:35:12AM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2010-10-25 10:22, Marco van de Voort het geskryf:
> >
> > Such schemes only work in retrospect. With 20 people all having a couple of
> > pet projects you are quickly talking hundreds of branches.
>
> So what's the problem with that? Is there a limit of branches that
> SubVersion can handle? If so, use a better tool for the job.

The problem is keeping track of them. See my other reply in this thread.

> > It doesn't really fit to our workflow.
>
> Well the workflow is under question here, and that it what needs fixing. I
> raised this isuse before, now Juha is raising this issue. Good luck to him
> changing the Lazarus team's mind. ;-)

Well, I only see "do as Linux" combined with "GIT solves everything", and
"more branches is better".

What I haven't seen:
- the problem
- the solution
- practicality of implementing the solution

which is the problem with all the GIT noise. Much throwing in gratituous
principles, little practical implementation.