[Lazarus] Build modes, macros and conditionals

patspiper patspiper at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 18:27:55 CEST 2010

On 10/26/2010 06:58 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:05:22 +0300
> patspiper<patspiper at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>

>> [...]
>> Can a part of the build modes be outside the project options, or have a
>> default starting set? (Such as having a build mode for each required
>> target without adding these to each and every project)
>>
> I have not tried, but I guess the project templates should support this.
>
> About global build modes:
> A build mode contains all compiler options, including the search paths
> and target file. So this won't work in general.

Normally, to recompile a project under win32 or linux, all I have to do
is change in the project options the LCL widget type (in the paths page)
and the target OS (in the code generation page). Paths are taken care of
by using IFDEF linux and IFDEF win32 in fpc.cfg.

I am sure build modes can be defined for the above, but since the build
modes have to be defined over and over for each new project, I was
wondering if there was a way to have them as standard, perhaps for new
projects (the same way as a user can set default compiler options for
all new projects)?