[Lazarus] Indy with Lazarus, what is the latest state?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 08:56:00 CEST 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:37:40 +0200, Sven Barth
<pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

>On 26.10.2010 17:59, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> BTW: Is there a way to get the Indy10 files in Linux format?
>> There are different line endings in Linux than what is in the Fulgan
>> zip file which is Windows line endings, I believe). I assume that you
>> have to have Linux line endings in order to make it work with Lazarus
>> on Ubuntu?
>
>Lazarus can work with both line endings on all platforms (as well as the
>compiler by the way). The only thing you can't is mixing the line
>endings in one file as Lazarus will use the line ending of the first
>line (but the compiler will accept those files ^^).

Very good!
I have had bad experience earlier with files on Linux/Solaris being
edited via samba shares from windows and then the functions controlled
by these files stopped working because of the Windows line endings....
So now I can proceed to unpack the zip file from Windows via the samba
share to Ubuntu and then inside Ubuntu use these transparently, right?

Or maybe better yet: I import the Indy files into my CVS server on
Windows and then I check them back out in Ubuntu, thus making CVS fix
the line endings....

Will the Lazarus source editor keep the file line endings if I edit a
file in Ubuntu that was originally moved there from Windows and thus
has the CRLF line endings?
So that if I add new lines they will retains the original line endings
when I save?

Bo Berglund