[Lazarus] Release schedule and policy

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 15:36:17 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-27 15:20, Florian Klaempfl het geskryf:

> I see. One has apparently to throw away all the old history to have a
> full baked git. Even more a no go for FPC and probably lazarus as well.

As usual you don't understand me, and give to the first wrong conclusion -
what's new. Simply having a git mirror of a another SCM repository doesn't
give you all the features of git. Yes you have the full history, but you
don't have rename information, cherry-pick information (like when fixes
have been applied in multiple branches), different between patch author and
committer, sign off info etc, etc... The GDB project doesn't use Git, they
use CVS, so none of the Git features will be in the Git MIRROR repository.

Bottom line is still, I'm not going to learn procedural C language and
whatever toolchain comes with it, when I only program in Object Pascal on a
daily basis.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/