[Lazarus] Software needed to resize .ico file from Delphi (32x32) to 128x128 pixels.

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 13:26:35 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Didn't somebody write an icon editor in LCL? I thought I saw something
> like that on the Lazarus Wiki once.

It is in Lazarus CCR. Tom started it, but never finished. I've been
using it for my work to refurbish screenshots and doing some small
improvements. Overall it is quite capable, but only half finished, so
it has many bugs, the worse one being that if you try to save png
files it freezes and corrupts them. Saves bmp fine, however.

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Icon_Editor_Roadmap

I just checked and it really can read all images inside an icon. I've
never tryed to resize anything with it, so no idea if it can do that.

I actually use it as an image editor, so I didn't actually take a look
at it's icon capabilities until this thread came up.

The only thing I don't like in it's architecture is the use of
LazRGBGraphics which doesn't work in all widgetsets and has no
maintainer. With the more powerful TLazIntfImage that we have nowadays
I think that TLazIntfImage could be used exclusively as the canvas and
image buffer, but I wouldn't be able to make this code change in the
editor unless I start using Graeme's cloning machine =)

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho