[Lazarus] How to produce a tone at Tone frequency for duration, MSecs (milliseconds)

Peter E Williams foss.game.pascal.developer at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 2 18:42:21 CEST 2010

Ho Benito,

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 16:41:41 +0200 (Benito van der Zander) wrote:
> Hi,
> are you using Windows or Linux?
> I will assume Windows, because you want to replace the Delphi component.
>
> Then you can Windows.Beep, (which I'm pretty sure exists in Lazarus),
> or directly talk to the device driver like I described it here:

Sorry, but I am using Linux Ubuntu. As someone else made the point, it
apparently can only be done if I have root access to write
to /dev/console. I didn't want a component that I need root privileges
to run.

> Benito van der Zander

Best Regards,
	Peter
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
--
Proudly developing Quality Cross Platform Open Source Games
Since 1970 with a Commodore PET 4016 with 16 KRAM