[Lazarus] fppkg and lazarus packages

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Sep 2 22:29:56 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Joost van der Sluis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've made some changes to fppkg to see if it's pssible to make it more
> suitable for packages for Lazarus.
>
> I've adapted the lnet package so that it installs the lazarus-package
> files as if they are examples.
>
> If you want to try it, you'll probably have to remove old configuration
> files (rm -rf ~/.fppkg) and run:
>
> fppkg update
> fppkg install lnet
>
> Check if everything is ok with 'fppkg list'
>
> Now the lazarus-lnet-package files are in
> ~/.fppkg/share/doc/fpc-lnet/lazaruspackage
>
> Maybe we can add scanning of those directories in Lazarus so that
> packages installed with fppkg which have lazarus-packages with them
> appear in the packages-installation box?
>
> Maybe that way we can make it attractive to use fppkg to install
> fpc-additions.

A good idea.

The original idea I had to make fppkg/fpmake more attractive for the IDE
was that there would be a dialog in Lazarus that creates a fpmake.pp
from a lazarus package, and that this is used to build.

Secondly, the installer/builder classes in fpmake can be overridden.
That means you can actually hook fpmake into the lazarus IDE build system.

These mechanisms are complementary to what you made.
I'll see if I can make a proof of concept for the former.

Michael.