[Lazarus] fppkg and lazarus packages

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Sep 3 12:04:46 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 11:53 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 3 September 2010 11:12, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> >
> > You'd better do the same as we did with lnet. Add a fpmake file to
> > tiOPF/fpGUI's repositories. If that works ok. (Check if fpmake archive
> > works, and if you can use that archive to install the package, without
> > any other resources) we can build and add it to the server.
>
> Just tried the 'fpmake archive' command. It failed because fpmake is
> hard-coded to look for fpmake.pp when the standard pascal extension is
> .pas.   So the FPMakePPFile constant needs to be tweaked a bit.  My
> fpmake file is fpmake.pas, not fpmake.pp

I would say: just rename it to fpmake.pp. It will only confuse people if
it can ahve two extensions. And what to do if fpmake.pp and fpmake.pas
do both exist?

> Why does FPC still use .pp anyway? That's from FPC pre v1 days (as far
> as I remember, from Florian's history lesson).

That's when the current logic was invented: .pas for TP files, .pp for
fpc files. Because fpc itself could be compiled using TP.

But that's what we still use: .pp for files which are written for free
Pascal and will not run on Delphi. And .pas files for files which will
work on both.

Joost.