[Lazarus] fppkg and lazarus packages

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Fri Sep 3 13:53:47 CEST 2010

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:13:02 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> pp = Pascal Program makes perfect sense.

Not really. First program implies binary (at least for me) and second there is usually only one 'program'-file in a pascal application, all other source files are units (leaving out include files as they normally use .inc as extension).
I always assumed that the .pp was modelled after .cc for c++ (not used much anymore, I know).
pp = pascal program makes some sense but not perfect. :)

How about

ps = pascal source
psf = pascal source file
pp (for program) and pu = pascal unit
psc = pascal source code

Just joking, I don't mind if it is .pas or .pp

Have a nice day
R.