[Lazarus] Subversion newbie questions. How to create repositories for my alpha and beta versions of my projects?

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 10:36:26 CEST 2010

On 6 September 2010 09:23, Peter E Williams
<foss.game.pascal.developer at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> How can I use subversion to create an Internet repository for my code,
> which is public domain but still copyright to me? I want to release
> official public versions of my alpha code for testing as beta versions
> and then zip them up as official beta versions on my website. I have no
> problems zipping the code and publishing it on my website. My questions
> are:
>
> (1) What is the process for me to create a repository for my code (alpha
> versions) for my own use and also people who I allow to collaborate with
> me on my lazarus projects?

Have a look here:

http://www.svnhostingcomparison.com/

code.google.com hosting looks quite good.

> (2) How do I migrate from my alpha versions to tested beta versions?
>
> (3) How do I then make the stable beta versions available on my website?
> It is a googlepages website. http://pewink.info I assume that I would
> need to create a directory for the base of my projects, but this is
> simple IIRC.
>
> (4) Someone please suggest suitable commands in subversion to use and
> directory structure suitable for my alpha and beta versions of my
> project, which are currently in the following folders:

The rest of your questions are answered in he subversion book:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

I would recommend reading this before you get started with subversion.

Henry