[Lazarus] Default values for Top coordinate offsets for components in a visual container

Juha Manninen (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 16:02:34 CEST 2010

On Friday 10 September 2010 16:28:02 Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Juha Manninen (gmail)
>
> <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmmm... what is wrong with using the same form file if the coordinate
> > problem is solved?
>
> I tryed this some time ago and the main problem was that Lazarus
> wouldn't load DFM's with properties which don't exist. Has this
> changed?

Many such properties are registered with RegisterPropertyToSkip. If you know
more properties which are not yet registered, please add a
RegisterPropertyToSkip call for them. (You have write access to lcl, I don't).

The properties are ignored by form loader but they are currently also removed
by the converter.

> Also, probably Delphi will throw a runtime error when running a
> project with DFM properties that it doesn't know.
>
> How did you solve that?

Do LCL controls have many properties that don't exist in Delphi VCL?
I think a common subset of properties must be used then.

Juha