[Lazarus] problem opening html help pages with spaces in path

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 11:33:55 CEST 2010

Zitat von Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>:

> [...]
>> AFAIR it was always so.
>>

> I just did a quick test with 0.9.29 on Windows. I created a simple
> program in a text editor (file extension: .pas) and opened it with
> "File->Open" in Lazarus. It asked whether I want to create a new
> project. So afaik it wasn't always so :P

Try a second time with the same project.
It asks only for new units. If you answered to open it as regular file
it will be opened as regular file the next time without asking.

> I don't know the revision, but the source files from Lazarus are
> from 30th August (and I've updated before I compiled that version),
> but they are no longer under subversion control, so I can't check.
>

>>> Nevertheless: could an option be added to ask on lpr files as well
>>> (again?) ? I'll also create an issue report for it if you want. (So
>>> that this isn't forgotten) :)
>>
>> What's the problem with opening the lpi file, or using "open project"?
>
> That's the point: no lpi file. The situation I'm talking of is a
> externally created virgin Pascal program.
>
> The only possible solution would be "Project->New project from file"

Yes.

> (or similar, I use the German version), but I'm rather used to
> "File->Open" being an allround solution.

We all are used to File/Open. That's why it so important that is does
not ask the same question again and again.
You want to create a project, which is imho not really the task of
"File/Open", but of the project menu.

Mattias