[Lazarus] Drag-n-Drop usage?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 14:46:51 CEST 2010

On 14 September 2010 14:43, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> But that will only work for Qt apps.

>From the Qt docs:
"Interoperating with Other Applications

On X11, the public XDND protocol is used, while on Windows Qt uses the
OLE standard, and Qt for Mac OS X uses the Carbon Drag Manager. On
X11, XDND uses MIME, so no translation is necessary. The Qt API is the
same regardless of the platform. On Windows, MIME-aware applications
can communicate by using clipboard format names that are MIME types.
Already some Windows applications use MIME naming conventions for
their clipboard formats. Internally, Qt uses QWindowsMime and
QMacPasteboardMime for translating proprietary clipboard formats to
and from MIME types."

> With "general inter-application drag and drop mechanism" I meant
> also (and in the first place) "without regard for the toolkit used".

That's what Qt seems to have achieved - if I understand their
documentation correctly.

  - Graeme -