[Lazarus] Threads in Lazarus code base

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Sep 15 12:26:51 CEST 2010

  On 09/15/2010 10:48 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Threads are a thing of the past as well. I've been programming threads
> since years.
> There is nothing exciting about them, mostly they are a pain.
OK, but

how do you make a program that is able to non sluggishly communicate
with the user while performing decent work (without doing
performance-killing polling stuff like "process Messages") ?

how do you make a program doing huge calculations use multiple CPUs
which are the contrary of "of the past" ?

-Michael