[Lazarus] Threads in Lazarus code base

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:23:41 CEST 2010

2010/9/15 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
> On 15 September 2010 13:00, Juha Manninen (gmail)
>>
>> The main trend in programming now is to encourage threading, not to ban it.
>> I am little puzzled...
>
> +1
> As I said, threading is an "advanced" feature, and clearly here are
> many developers that are afraid of something they don't understand, so
> simply think banning the feature is the solution. Simply learn
> multi-threading, get some experience with it, then using threads are
> not a problem. It's the same deal as using Pointers. If you don't know
> what you are doing, you are f**ked.

IMHO, debugging Lazarus is hard as it is, why make it more complicated
by turning it in a mulithtreaded app. That said, there is information
in the wiki about debugging mulithreaded applications
(http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Multithreaded_Application_Tutorial#Linux)
and I am not the one developing on Linux, so I don't care that much.

Vincent